Monday 4 April 2011

2008, Day Ten, Houlgate

Day ten 10th June.

Another hot day so we made a very quick trip to the supermarket to stock up for the rest of the week and get meat for a BBQ tonight.

Instead of walking to the beach, Tim did a double run in the car to get us all down there, Dot and I went first and set up camp while we waited for the others to arrive. The tide was out and it took the girls an age to walk to the sea, see the photos for just how far it was.


I didn't bother and sat in the sun reading a book, I did get a bit worried when the tide started to come in rather fast and the others didn't seem to be making their way back. All was well, they made their way back with the tide and that's when I made my way to the edge for a plodge.


We had a picnic lunch again and then it was back in the sea. The seafront in Houlgate and other Normandy town is sprinkled with striped beach huts, now I am sure that I saw recently, that the beach hut is a typically British thing a symbol of Britishness, well it isn't.


Later went the others went for ice-cream Dot and I set off to walk back to the site to save Tim doing two trips again, we stopped at a shop on the way and Dot had a Magnum and I got a can of 1664 beer, very refreshing on the walk. We beat the other back.

That night we had three types of sausage, pork kebabs, steak haches (French burgers), my spicy barbecue beans and plenty of beer for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment