Saturday 28 May 2011

France 2010, Day Fifteen, St Jean de Monts

Day Fifteen 18th June

We did go back in to town, but earlier to catch the market athough we went in the car instead of walking. After a look round we got sandwiches for lunch and had them in the sun by the church in the town square.


 The wine stall on he market had advertised they had a great beer selection but you had to go their warehouse close by. So on the way back to the site we looked for it, stopped off and got a few beers I hadn't had before, including a can of Duff.  Mick also filled the tank on the car ready for moving on in a couple of days, he had to pay using his card in the pump, as the payment booth wasn't manned.


When we got back Dot and I went for a look at the other Siblu, sister site here, it was just over the road and all facilities were open to residents on both sites. It was a slightly smarter site but there were no touring vans, we nearly had a beer over there but they only had Stella, the Leffe was not on yet. So we walked back to our site and went in the pool, then the jacuzzi.

Brenda wasn't feeling well, so just me and Dot went over to the bar for the football and got a seat outside in the sun, with a good view of a TV.  Mick did come over to join us later.  I did something I rarely do when England are playing, I wore an England t-shirt but as we were only playing Algeria, I thought I would try and break the superstition of England not winning when I do.  Never again though, we could only manage a 0 - 0 draw, a disgraceful and very poor result.

No comments:

Post a Comment